Your Right to Cancel
Please note that this right to cancel is additional to your other statutory rights as a consumer and our standard returns and exchanges policy below. If you are a consumer (i.e. you are not a business and you are not purchasing products from us for purposes which are wholly or mainly in connection with any business you may have or trade you run), you have the right to cancel the contract formed with us when you purchased products on the Site. You can cancel the contract for any reason and at any time within the cancellation period (see below).
The cancellation period starts when we send you the dispatch confirmation email (this email indicates that your order has been accepted by us and, therefore, that a contract has been formed between us) and ends 14 calendar days after the day on which the product(s) is/are delivered to you. If you ordered multiple products in a single order and we ship those products in separate deliveries to you, the cancellation period will end on the 14th day starting from the day after you received the last of the products in that order. Calculating the cancellation period can be tricky, so here is an illustration to help you figure out how long you have:
- You place an order on 1 April.
- We send you a dispatch confirmation email on 3 April. This is the date when the contract between us is formed.
- You receive delivery of your products on 7 April.
- The period for cancelling the contract starts on 3 April and ends on 21 April (i.e. it ends 14 calendar days starting from the day after delivery). Weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 14 days.
How to Exercise the Right to Cancel
To cancel a contract as above, you need to:
- Inform us of your decision to cancel the contract. To do this, you can contact us, send us an email (email@example.com) or letter clearly stating that you wish to cancel your contract or make your cancellation to us in writing here (in each case, including your name and order number).
- Send the products back to us to the address set out below in the “Returns by Post” section below in the standard returns and exchanges policy. You must do this no later than 14 days after you notified us of the cancellation. Again, weekends, bank holidays and public holidays are counted when you calculate the 14 days. For furniture, you must contact our Customer Services team to arrange a collection.
Please note that if you cancel the contract, you will have to pay the cost of returning the relevant products to us. We are not obliged to give you a refund until we receive the products back from you or we receive evidence from you that you have sent them back to us. We strongly recommend you send the products using a secure or trackable method – i.e. Recorded/Special Delivery – and that you retain your proof of postage.
What Happens Next?
Provided that you have cancelled the contract as above and we have received the products back from you (or you have provided us with evidence that you have sent the products back to us) within 14 days of cancelling the contract, we will reimburse all payments received from you in respect of the products including delivery charges up to the value of the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any products supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (for example, if you have handled the products beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop). The reimbursement will be paid (using the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction) within 14 days after receiving the returned products or the evidence that the products were sent. In the case of products that we have agreed to collect (i.e. furniture), the reimbursement will be paid within 14 days after the day you notified us of the cancellation. Please note that this cancellation right does not apply to: (1) any personalised products; (2) any products made to your specifications; (3) any audio/video recordings or computer software supplied to you in sealed packs that are unsealed after delivery; or (4) other products which we have specified as non-returnable.